Hours and contact information
Spring 2019 Semester Office Hours
- Monday: 8:00am – 12:00pm
- Tuesday: 8:00am – 12:00pm
- Wednesday: 8:00am – 12:00pm
- Thursday: 8:00am – 12:00pm
- Friday: 8:00am – 12:00pm
Phone Number: 352-392-8565
Recruiting your Note Taker
- Ask a classmate that you know. In the event that you do not have peers in this class, consider asking someone that appears to be a good student. A good student will participate, engage in taking notes, and has excellent attendance.
- See if a fellow classmate is willing to trade notes. They don’t need to know that you have note service as an accommodation.
- We encourage you to work directly with your note taker, as there are many benefits to this option. If you choose this option, you will not have to wait to receive your notes, can specify your needs to the note taker, and will be able to practice self-advocacy.
- You still have the right to remain anonymous if you wish.
- If you wish to remain anonymous, ask your instructor to make an announcement that the course is searching for a volunteer note taker.
- If you cannot find a note taker, reach out to your professor and inform them that you have been experiencing difficulty in securing this accommodation. Alternative options are available as well, if you wish you add the following accommodations, please contact your learning specialist:
- Audio-record your lectures
- Arrange meetings with your professor in which you review your notes for appropriateness and missing information
- Ask your professor to supply you with course lecture notes
DRC Student Responsibilities
- Contact your instructor to discuss the need for class notes if you wish to remain anonymous or if you cannot locate a note taker on your own. Otherwise, you may autonomously coordinate your own notes with your note supplier.
- Adhere to classroom attendance policies. This accommodation is not intended as a substitute for class attendance or taking your own notes but as a supplement to your own notes.
- If you drop this class, please notify your note taker and/or instructor.
FYI: Free Carbonless Paper
3 hole punched, college rule, carbonless paper is available at the DRC. Carbonless paper, copies your notes to the following page which may then be separated and distributed. This eliminates the need for students to print copies of notes