Students who wish to request accommodated housing consideration and emotional support animal, based on a disability, can do so through the Disability Resource Center (DRC). Specific medical documentation will be required from your physician to support the request. The DRC will provide the Department of Housing and Residence Education with the recommended accommodations, based on documentation. After receiving this information, the housing staff will reach out to the student with any questions.

Please read UF’s policies regarding emotional support animals on campus and in residence halls. Please note: Emotional support animals are allowed in campus residence halls only, and not in other campus facilities. Only trained service animals are allowed in campus buildings.

Please contact Jenna Gonzalez at if you have any questions.