Students may request testing accommodations for graduate level and professional school entrance exams, as well as licensure board exams. Be aware that the request process and documentation requirements vary for each exam and are established by the testing agency administering the exam. The Disability Resource Center does not have a role in contacting or providing information directly to testing agencies or testing locations.
How to get started:
Each exam will have specific information about overall registration, acceptable documentation, and the process for requesting accommodations. Plan to begin the process at least 3 months in advance of when you would like/need to take the exam. A testing agency’s review process could take at least 6 to 8 weeks.
In support of your request, the Disability Resource Center can:
- Provide an accommodation history letter verifying the period of time you have been registered with our office and the testing accommodations you have received during your time as a student at UF.
- Release a copy of the documentation in your DRC file.
- For GRE Exams – complete the ‘Certificate of Eligibility’ form (COE) if you have a comprehensive evaluation on file that has been conducted within the past 5 years. If you do not have a comprehensive evaluation on file, the DRC will provide an accommodation history letter. If it has been more than three (3) years since you accessed your accommodations, the DRC will provide an accommodation history letter.
If you have specific questions about the accommodation process, you may schedule an appointment with Lisa Diekow, DRC Learning Specialist, through the DRC front desk at: 352-392-8565. Please bring copies of the required forms to your appointment.
Please note it can take 1-2 weeks for the DRC to process entrance exam paperwork. Please plan accordingly.
• Dental Admission Test (DAT)
• Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
• Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
• Law School Admission Test (LSAT)
• Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)
• Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT)
• Florida Teacher Certification Examination (FTCE)
• Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination (MPRE)
• National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES)
• Nursing Licensure Exam (Florida Board of Nursing)