The University of Florida Disability Resource Center creates a culture of care for students, their families, faculty and staff by providing exemplary programs and services designed to enhance students’ academic and personal success. Students considered for this position must receive Federal Work Study or be eligible to receive Federal Work Study in order to apply.
REQUIREMENTS FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Must receive or be eligible to receive federal work study
- Students must have a minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Must be in good conduct standing with the University of Florida
- Willingness to make a commitment throughout the entire academic year
- Model the values for customer service in the Disability Resource Center:
- Effectively and efficiently handle high volumes of phone calls and visitors to the Disability Resource Center
- Act as a liaison between the students/families and professional staff in the Disability Resource Center
- Answer questions and provide information about the Disability Resource Center to students, faculty, staff, and families
- Display interest and sensitivity to the concerns of our diverse population
- Act proactively to manage crisis situations and contact the correct personnel to handle the situation
- Refer students and families to university and community resources
- Demonstrate effective listening skills
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings and monthly training sessions
All student assistants will start at a pay rate of minimum wage and can work a maximum of 20 hours per week.